Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday: Surrender. Let go. Be free.


I'm grateful for the ways the Lord shows me he's listening.  This week it's come in the form of friends saying exactly what I've needed to hear.  Below are the two things that have touched me this week.  If you have any quotes or thoughts that have touched you I would love to hear them!

#1:
My friend Jessel and I were catching up on the phone recently and I mentioned to her my current journey of self-discovery and how at moments it's been tough, uncomfortable, and unsettling.  What she said really hit home: 
"Look at a forrest of trees and how beautiful they are.  Now imagine if we replaced their limbs with plastic ones and added different parts.  It wouldn't look right or as beautiful.  People are the same way.  When we're natural and comfortable with ourselves everyone else around can be too (and will see beauty)."  
She then continued to tell me that she's noticed me becoming more comfortable in my skin and how it makes me look even more beautiful.  What an inspiring, uplifting moment!  I'm grateful.

Surrender.  Let go. Be free.

#2:
My other friend Julia is someone who's so in touch with her spiritual side it's a blessing to get her insight.  This morning she sent me a piece of scripture that help create peace in my soul:

“For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.”  2 Corinthians 3:11
Surrender.  Let go. Be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment